Friday, March 2, 2012

Pain in the Butt

I have a saddle sores.  Was it my underwear?  My position?  Sigh.  So I'm not sitting lopsided, with a bandage on one side.  I had no idea about saddle sores since I've never had them before, but hoooooeey they hurt.  They're like rug burns in a VERY uncomfortable place.  Mine were right on my underwear line, so they're where the butt meets the leg.  I also now know how painful it is to have water hit your saddle sores.  Yowza.

So, I'm taking today and tomorrow off to let those heal up before I get back on.  Have you ever had saddle sores?  What did you do?  Do you wear special 'riding' underwear??

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had the issue yet, but all my lady friends who do use the Anti Monkey Butt powder and swear by it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riding underwear does exist...haven't tried it myself, but I was looking through the Dover site and one product reviewer said bike shorts work just as well for cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have friends that will use riding underwear when they do a lot of riding because it has a gel seat inset to make riding more comfortable... hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 words:

    Bag Balm

    Put it on at night while you wear clothes you don't mind getting messed up a bit. (it can leave a bit of an oil like stain on clothing) Will take the 'burn' out of any type of hurt!

    Another 2 words:

    Granny Panties

    I had a pair of full-seat breaches that used to *cough* bother me. You will get lines, but thats better than saddle sores! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete