1. Licorice got his teeth done and while he was sedated, his sheath cleaned. Vet said to try to keep him on half days on grass for spring, just in case. Or put a grazing muzzle on him. Lucky for us, another boarder left and Licorice got to move to his stall which is attached to a nice big dry lot! So Licorice will have breakfast in the dry lot and go out in the afternoon with his girlfriend in the big pasture.
|Poor sedated pony. He found a scrap of hay that I was in the process of removing from his stall and almost fell over trying to get to it. Silly boy.|
2. Another amazing lesson with E. Licorice and continued to walk off our anxiety and have graduated to 'walking the trails'. We have not graduated to calmly walking by the cow pasture, but my fire breathing dragon pony now at least will walk by them instead of stopping and then bolting.
|Clearly, no cows were around while we took this picture.|
3. A few pictures from the interior of our new barn.
|Not my tack! But a heated tack room is a beautiful thing!!|
|What's better than a heated tack room? A HEATED RESTROOM WITH HOT WATER! Yes, I know. I'm unreasonably excited. I've been living in Porta Potty land for too long!|
|This is the wash rack. I wish they wouldn't store the grain tubs there because the clutter makes me a little nervous. When I'm ready to wash Licorice, I will move these out just to be safe.|
|He had four of these and the hair on his neck is all weird and soft and thin. Gross, huh?|
6. I talked to my farrier and we pulled Licorice's back shoes. He said if he's still sore in a few days, call him and he'll come out and throw shoes on him, but since I'm not doing much with Licorice he doesn't really need them. Yeah for a smaller bill!!! Finally!
7. Licorice and I are starting to get it. Really get it. His manners are starting to come around and he even fell asleep while I was talking to someone. Progress feels so good.