Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good Reasons For Blogging

  I had written a long post about my continuing frustration with the pony and her bucking and not going forward.  When I was doing whining, I did a quick check on when I started working with Laura.  And was flabbergasted.  I need to LAY OFF on picking on myself about progress.

I bought Tess in late May of 2010 and didn't ride her for almost four months while she was in full time training and then had horrible, crazy, spooky rides with her for two months.  Then I switched trainers in late October.  So I've really only been working regularly with my horse for three or four months.  Wait!  What?  Only three or four months!?!!?  And I got on her without lunging yesterday!  And we're cantering!  And we're working past a bucking issue!  And she spooks less now even if she is a crabby, hot mess.  I suddenly feel very different about things.  I'm doing super great and we are making super progress.

When I started this blog, it was to keep a journal so I could look back and chart our progress.  I don't go back and re-read my old posts but it was really great to be able to see that I started this in late October and have only been working hard for three months.  Give us a year together and I have a feeling the pony and I will be able to look back at the early days and laugh.  Hopefully together.  With each other and not at each other.

Also, thank you so much to http://princessdivadiaries.blogspot.com/ for the Liebster award!  That means that I got TWO of these.  Practically famous, right?

3 comments:

  1. Really helps to put things in perspective, doesn't it? Three or four months is just a tiny drop in the bucket of the time you'll spend together.

    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true, sometimes you have to look back and see how far you've come, rather than how far you have to go. Keep on goin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are doing so great i have not been following you the whole time but everytime i read your posts you can tell how much YOUR attitude has changed and how much more responsive Tess is with you! i cant wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete