Friday, December 9, 2011

The Positive in the Negative

Today was gorgeous, sunny and cold.  My work was a bit out of control this morning and watching the blue skies out my window only added to my sense of frustration.  I wanted to go ride!  I finally made it out to the barn about two hours later than I usually do.  Pony was in her stall, lying down.  Lying down and eating some lunch.  She didn't bother getting up when I arrived.  She flicked an ear at me and went back to eating while she reclined.  I took this short video on my phone...I can't tell if it's going to work and I can't figure out how to turn it the other direction.  Oh technology.


She finally got up and we went to start grooming.  First, she pooped in the aisle.  Then she noticed there was sunlight and steam on the grass.  Her ears went up, her head went up and she snorted.  Which meant she snorted steam.  Which made her jump and tremble.  Oh, poor Pony.  I laughed at her.  It must be hard to be her some days.


She did seem uncomfortable today.  It could be from the harder riding we did yesterday, she was probably a little sore.  She was very gassy and very stuck.  All that lovely forward from the last week.  Gone!  But this time, rather than freaking out I just kept riding.  I congratulated myself on riding in a very busy arena which included a lunge lesson for a five year old.  I worked on keeping my hands low.  I pushed as hard as I felt comfortable pushing.  It was a short ride and one that likely would have left me defeated and depressed last month.  But this month?  Nope.  I groomed the pony and trimmed up her tail and generally fussed over her.  It was also good timing because I didn't feel compelled to do anything that might stretch my hip too much.  So all in all, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment