Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pony On A Boat



My husband does boats and I do ponies.  And never the twain shall meet....except in Lyle Lovett's lovely song about it.  I'll be spending four days sailing on our boat for Memorial weekend.  The video above is actually pictures of the Puget Sound so we may be sailing to some of these places!  I'm hoping to be back in time for my group lesson on Monday.

I had to take a week off riding because I had a rib out and didn't want to make it worse.  And you know what's amazing?  I got on today and wasn't anxious.  I was a little nervous to start with, but it went away quickly.  We had a good ride and I decided to try some walk to canter transitions.  I know she's been working with the trainer on getting those.  I waited until the end of our ride so I could stop the ride if we did really well.  We did one.  No bueno.  Two.  Better.  Three.  Nailed it.  Soft and in the bridle and cantering off.  Brought her back to walk after one lap and jumped off.

Also, I'm happy to report that she is finally, finally done shedding pounds of hair every time.  I will try to take pictures this week of her gorgeous dappled summer coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment